Keyword research consists of brainstorming relevant search terms. Then using Google’s planning tool to boil down the list to the best keywords. The goal is to choose keywords with a high search volume, but low competition. You’ll discover that specific, key phrases are more effective than generic one-word keywords.
Ways you can find keywords and phrases:
- Ask your receptionist, sales people, and/or take a survey.
- View your website analytics to see what keywords people are finding you with.
- Quora – A question and answer website. Use it to find relevant keywords.
- Board Reader – A search engine for forums. Use it to find relevant keywords.
- Google Trends – shows which keyword/phrases are trending.
- Other research suggestion tools
- Google Keyword Planner – the final tool to boil down your list.