You can install this theme in under 10 minutes with this tutorial. See written instructions below and watch the video.
Note: This tutorial assumes that WordPress is set up and running on your hosting account. If not, contact your webmaster or hosting company for support.
1. Extract the files
- Your website requires two WordPress themes to work.
- Open the zip-file that you downloaded after purchase. You can do this by right-clicking on it and selecting “Extract” from the menu.
- Once extracted, you’ll have two zip files that you’ll need to set up your website.
2. Install the themes
- Login to your website. Find the login link on your website or visit https://yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php to login.
- Enter your username and password and upon successful entry, the screen will change.
- In the left sidebar, click on “Appearance > Themes“
- At the top heading of the page click “Add New“
- At the top of the new page click “Upload Theme“
- Click “Choose File” and find the zip file
nc-real-estate.zip. Then click “Install Theme“
- Once finished, click “Return to Themes Page“
- You will see a page of themes. Point to “NC Real Estate” and click “Activate“
3. Install the necessary plugins
- A new notice will appear at the top of the page. Click “Begin Installing Plugins” This will take you to a new page.
- On this new page, click the first checkbox next to Plugin. This should add a checkmark next to all plugins on the list.
- Find the drop menu called “Bulk Actions” and select “Install” and click “Apply“
- After some time, it will finish installing all the necessary plugins. A new page will appear.
- Find the drop menu called “Bulk Actions” and select “Activate” and click “Apply” This will activate all the plugins.
- At this point, the theme is installed, but the demo content is absent.
4. Install the demo content
- Refresh your page and go to the left-hand sidebar. Find “Appearance > Import Demo Data” Click on “Import Demo Data“
- Scroll down and click the big button “Import Demo Data” Be patient as this will take some time to import all the demo content.
- Afterward, it will tell you it’s all done. Now, visit your home page to see your new site.
For additional information, please contact support.