In short: always keep WordPress updated. Setup automated backups. Use strong passwords and a security plugin.
- iThemes Security – security plugin for WordPress
- iThemes Backup Buddy – automated WordPress backup
- Password Manager (podcast) – why you need to use a password manager
- WP Updates Notifier – a plugin that will email you whenever updates are available
- Contact us if you want us to install and configure iThemes Security on your website.
Contact us if you want us to enable automated updates on your WordPress website. Note this isn’t always the best options if you have many plugins as things can go wrong on automated update. This works best for plugins that are well supported and don’t alter the frontend of the website. Also. If you’d like us to manage the updating of your plugins, themes and WordPress core files, contact us for more information.